Oftentimes, anxiety and depression can leave us in a slump. We have no motivation for anything and sometimes cannot get ourselves to get out of bed. If this is you, we understand and we are here for you.
July is Social Wellness Month
Having a fulfilling social life is an important part of your mental health. This month, we encourage you to break out of your summer slump and meet new people. This is because social wellness is all about your capability to bond with others and build satisfying relationships.
Why is Social Wellness Important?
Mercy Medical Care gives four benefits of social wellness:
- Better mental health – it can lighten your mood and make you feel happier
- Lower your risk of dementia – social interaction is good for your brain health
- Promotes a sense of safety, belonging and security
- Allows you to confide in others and let them confide in you
Whether it’s a quick 15-minute walk with a neighbor or a weekend getaway with friends, being social can boost your mental health.
Meet Dr. Paul Wright
Dr. Wright at IntegrityMind Psychiatry advocates for an optimistic and ambitious approach to mental health. He believes that psychiatric medication may be one part of a holistic treatment approach, but that in most cases medication alone is not enough and in other cases, improper or misguided treatment with psychiatric medication can in fact be harmful. Dr. Wright integrates a depth of knowledge and experience to offer an individualized, understanding and careful approach to help navigate these challenges.
Who Can IntegrityMind Psychiatry Help?
Whether you’re looking for help navigating relationships in a healthy way or you’re battling a serious mental health issue, we are here for you. Whoever you are, whatever your story, at IntegrityMind Psychiatry, we can help you get on track to living a great life!
- Do you want to dive deeper into understanding your mental health challenges?
- Do you need tools and strategies to help navigate living with a mental health challenge?
- Are you experiencing relational difficulties?
- Have you sought help before but it failed to make a lasting difference (or do you feel like the “system” has failed you)?
- Do you feel like a trauma has somehow derailed you in life?
- Do you want an integrated approach to your care (combining behavioral, psychological and medication approaches)?
- Do you need flexibility in your care plan (telehealth, evenings, weekends, etc.)?
Holistic Help For the Whole You
We encourage you to get out this summer and be social. A quick get-together with a friend could be what your mental health needs.
At IntegrityMind Psychiatry, we know that people are wonderfully unique, with their own life map and personality landscape. Therefore, we don’t over-focus on a specific diagnosis or rush to label people. While a diagnosis can be helpful in gaining a better understanding of a condition and finding the right treatment approach, our focus is less on a label and more on practical help for an improved life.
Dr. Wright sees people for help with issues including:
- Addiction Issues
- Navigating Life Transitions
- Relationship Challenges
- Bipolar Disorder
We would be honored to help you navigate the path you are on. Please reach out to schedule an initial consultation.